Welcome to django-ca’s documentation!¶
django-ca is a small project to manage TLS certificate authorities and easily issue and revoke certificates. It is based on pyOpenSSL and Django. It can be used as an app in an existing Django project or stand-alone with the basic project included. Certificates can be managed through Djangos admin interface or via manage.py commands - so no webserver is needed, if you’re happy with the command-line.
- Create certificate authorities, issue and revoke certificates in minutes.
- Receive e-mail notifications of certificates about to expire.
- Certificate validation via the included OCSP responder and Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs).
- Complete, consistent and powerful command line interface.
- Optional web interface for certificate handling (e.g. issuing, revoking, ...).
- Written in pure Python2.7/Python3.4+, using Django 1.8 or later.