Welcome to django-ca’s documentation!¶
django-ca is a small project to manage TLS certificate authorities and easily issue certificates. It is based on pyOpenSSL and Django. It can be used as an app in an existing Django project or stand-alone with the basic project included. Certificates can be managed through Djangos admin interface or via manage.py commands - so no webserver is needed, if you’re happy with the command-line.
- Set up a secure local certificate authority in just a few minutes.
- Written in Python2.7/Python3.4+.
- Manage your entire certificate authority from the command line and/or via Djangos admin interface.
- Get email notifications about certificates about to expire.
- Support generating for certificate revocation lists (CRLs).
- Generates index files that can be used with the openssl ocsp command for a crude OCSP service.